Spicy mushroom rice is an Indian dish that is prepared by cooking mushrooms and rice till it becomes spicy and soft. The recipe for mushroom rice is popular in north India. You must be well acquainted with different mushroom recipes.
But the recipe for this fried mushroom rice will surely be a hit amongst your family members. This Indian dish is loved by kids and adults alike. It can be prepared fast, and the recipe for mushroom rice is a perfect dinner/lunch to end your busy weekday.
Mushrooms are usually loved by non-vegetarians as it feels like meat. In this recipe for mushroom fried rice, you have an array of spices blended to perfection with mushrooms. The best part about the recipe for mushroom rice is that it does not take too much of your time to cook.
Read on to know how to make mushroom rice quickly and easily. You need not be an expert cook to try out the recipe for mushroom rice. Unlike many easy mushroom rice recipes, this one is very easy to cook.
Preparation time– 20 minutes
Cooking time– 25-30 minutes
All You Need
Basmati Rice- 2 cups
White button mushrooms- 200 gms (chopped)
Onion- 3 (chopped)
Garlic- 5 pods
Green chillies- 4-5 nos
Soy sauce- 1½ tbsp
Pepper- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
1. Wash the rice thoroughly in running water.Then, clean the mushrooms well.
2. Now, cook the rice well. But make sure that it is not overcooked.
3. Now, add oil in a pan and let it heat well. Add the onions and garlic into the pan. Keep it in high flame till the onions and garlic are roasted well.
4. Now, add the mushrooms into it. Roast it well till they become golden brown. Add coriander leaves into the pan and saute it well.
5. In the meantime, take the rice out of the cooker and keep it to cool.
6. Once the rice is cooled, add it into the pan. Pour soy sauce, add pepper and salt into it. Stir the mixture well.
7. Keep it on medium flame for a while till the entire mixture gets blended with each other. You will get an aroma that will definitely blow your mind away. Your mushroom rice is ready to be served now.
You can have it with curd, raitha and pickle.
- White button mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin D. It helps in having strong bones, healthy teeth and facilitates good immune system as well.
- Mushrooms are nutritious. If you are a vegetarian, make sure you eat good amounts of mushrooms. It contains many nutrients that are often found in meat.
- Rice is a rich source of nutrients, especially carbohydrates. It makes you energetic and healthy.
- If you want to roast the onions faster, add a pinch of salt while you saute it in the pan.
- If you cook this mushroom rice in a pressure cooker, it gets cooked faster than a pan.
- If you have leftover chicken at your home, you can add that into the mixture of mushroom rice. Non-vegetarians will love it!